Everyone wants to be indexed. Everyone wants to be on the first page of Google. Everyone despairs because they think it is impossible.

No one knows that it is feasible instead. You have to do things a certain way to get good results and have studied the philosophy (and techniques) a bit SEO so that the search engine positioning does not become a mission impossible. Today I offer 3 interesting insights for you to think about, with some suggestions for getting started right away.

  1. Keywords. You cannot expect to rank first in a short time for generic keywords with high competition. Let's take an example: you are a car showroom that sells mainly used semiannual and company cars in Bologna. To expect to be in first place for the keywords: "semiannual cars," "company cars," and "used cars" is a utopia. Why? Simply because there are many other sites, much more important than yours (in terms of SEO) who already have lots of links to them for those keywords and have a well-established web presence. So what to do? Choose long-tail keywords, such as "semiannual cars mercedes bologna," "company cars lancia thesis," "used cars Hyundai bologna." What did we do? We chose words with a lower search frequency for sure, but much more relevant to our business and geographic location. This narrows the searches a lot but, surely, it will bring us visitors potentially really interested in our specific business.
  2. Insert keywords into the site. It is not enough to insert them in the meta tags within the code, you need to revise the texts of your website so that they contain the keywords you have chosen, but without overdoing it... Google appreciates the fact that the words that are indicated to it are actually used in the published content, but it certainly does not appreciate the fact that they are abused. So, include one of your keywords for every 60 to 70 words of text.
  3. Link keywords. Make links of the keywords included in the content to other pages on your site. In other words, create internal links between pages and make links and landing pages have relevant content, i.e., don't link the keyword "corporate car lancia thesis" to a page where this keyword never appears.

SEO activity is very complex in terms of building backlinks (i.e., links from other sites back to yours), but you have to start somewhere. If you follow these three simple tips your ranking will gradually improve over time, believe me.

Google, and all search engines in general, like few but substantial things: originalityconsistency e relevance.

These three first steps are essential, indeed, mandatory if you want to achieve a good search engine positioning organically and thus receive lots of visits from users who are looking for exactly what you have to offer.

During my lectures I always say that SEO activity is done for 10% on your own site, and for the remaining 90% externally by building links. However, if you do not complete that first 10% by following certain rules, there is no point in ruining your eyesight (or wallet) to accomplish the remaining 90%.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.